VCS APTitude Handheld Kit
The VCS APTitude test kit includes:
- One VCS APTitude card
- One calibrated holder
- One near point visual acuity card
- One set of scoring sheets (100 sheets)
- One eye patch used to cover a given eye.
The progression of the high quality bars of sinusoidal-wave patterns (patches) in steps reducing signal intensity by the same parameter between each of rows A, B, C, D, and E is used to assess the neurologic function of contrast vision. The corresponding spatial frequencies are 1.5, 3, 6, 12, and 18 cycles per degree of visual arc (CPD). By keeping constant elements of vision such as near, far, static, motion, color and peripheral vision, contrast alone can be assessed. Contrast testing has been used for over 60 years, with many different charts in wide use.
The VCS APTitude is designed to help identify contrast vision loss from exposure to a variety of environmental sources of illnesses in a non-specific manner. The test cannot distinguish illness from different exposures (such as mold versus dinoflagellate, for example).
The kit will be shipped via FedEx Two-Day ground. International orders will be notified of additional shipping fees before the order is processed.
- International orders will be contacted with a shipping estimate for approval before your order is processed. Please submit your order and complete address, telephone, and email address, and you will receive a postage estimate right away. Thank you for your cooperation.
- International orders must include a physical address, and not a P. O. Box or other type. Physical address and phone number are required for shipping.
- Kits are shipped via two-day FedEx and guaranteed for afternoon delivery.