Mold Illness Treatment - Step By Step
1. Differential Diagnosis begins with a compulsively obtained data base - answering questions like what could be wrong? The labs needed to show inflammatory abnormalities are collected, and the labs that are always normal in biotoxin illness are also collected.
2. Performing ERMI testing to ensure there is no exposure to a building with an ERMI greater than 2 if the patient's MSH is less than 35 and C4a is less than 20,000; or no exposure to ERMI greater than negative 1 if MSH is less than 35 and C4a is greater than 20,000.
3. Removal from prior exposure (this means no more working, schooling, or living in a moldy environment for WDB illness patients)
5. Eradicating biofilm-forming MARCoNS
6. Eliminating gluten for those with anti-gliadin positivity as shown by a positive blood test, with celiac disease ruled out
7. Correcting elevated MMP9
8. Correcting ADH/osmolality
9. Correcting low VEGF
10. Correcting elevated C3a
11. Correcting elevated C4a
12. Reducing elevated TGF beta-1
13. Replacing low VIP
14. Final check to verify stability off meds